Little Rock, Arkansas Climate & Temperature
- Little Rock, Arkansas, Usa is at 34°43'N, 92°13'W, 78 m (256 ft). See map.
- Little Rock, Arkansas has a humid subtropical climate that is mild with no dry season, constantly moist (year-round rainfall). Summers are hot and muggy with thunderstorms. Winters are mild with precipitation from mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Little Rock, Arkansas is situated in or near the warm temperate moist forest biome.
- The annual average temperature is 16.5 degrees Celsius (61.7 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 23.8 °C (42.8°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 11°C (51.8°F) on average falling to -0.1°C (31.8°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 22.7°C (72.9°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 10.4°C (50.7°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 32.8°C (91°F) and average low temperatures are 20.9°C (69.6°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 23.4°C (74.1°F) during the day and lows of 11.1°C (52°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1291.9 mm (50.9 inches) which is equivalent to 1291.9 Litres/m² (31.69 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2750 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Little Rock, Arkansas you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Amsterdam Island, French Southern Lands where you would find a Marine west coast climate.
Little Rock, Arkansas Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Little Rock, Arkansas Climate Graph in Metric Units
Little Rock, Arkansas Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Little Rock, Arkansas, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Corning, Ar, Usa - 179.9 kms (111.8 miles) NE
- Pocahontas, Ar, Usa - 179.9 kms (111.8 miles) NE
- Conway, Ar, Usa - 36.6 kms (22.8 miles) NE
- Brinkley, Ar, Usa - 96.1 kms (59.7 miles) E
- Pine Bluff, Ar, Usa - 59.5 kms (37 miles) SSE
- Clarksdale, Ms, Usa - 139 kms (86.4 miles) SE